RECRUITMENT PROCEDURES Getting you started with GeVic
At GeVic we abide by the stringent recruitment verification procedures required by law. Being registered with the CCQ requires us to carry out standard checks and references. We believe our clients deserve the best value for their investment. We also believe that a GeVic carer/companion has the right ethics, respect, skillset and behaviour to make the life of a client more comfortable.
As a GeVic carers, you are expected to maintain at all times respect, dignity and confidentiality of your client. Caring for the elderly is a specialist skill that is at the centre of our business. It is expected that all GeVic staff exude empathy, kindness and consideration for all client.
Having obtained all required details of your care experience and carefully checked and assessed your references, we will use our network to obtain suitable clients for you. Where possible we conduct face-to-face interviews. telephone interviews and other required assessment to verify your experience and skill set
We are unable to offer any vacancies unless all compliance have been fully adhered to. This is part of our registration requirements. Thank you
In order to register with us, you will need to provide the following documentation:
- CV or letter listing employment history.
- Certificates for Moving & Handling, Food Hygiene, First Aid and Medication Administration as a minimum.
- Photocopies of any other relevant qualifications e.g. NVQ, City & Guilds, Caring, Cooking etc.
- Two written references from your most recent employers. We cannot accept references from family members.
- Written declaration from yourself that you are in good physical and mental health.
- Written declaration that you are self employed, pay Tax and National Insurance along with your National Insurance.
- Valid Public Liability Insurance Certificate.
- Photocopy of your Passport & Driving Licence
- Two recent passport size photographs of yourself.
- Copy of a recent utility bill or bank statement addressed to you confirming your current address.
DBS Information (Police Check)
- You will be required to send original documents. Photocopies are not acceptable
- If you have paid for a portable DBS we are able to check it online. If not you will be required to take out a new enhanced DBS with our Umbrella Body..
- Once your documents have been authorised by the Agency, they will be returned to you by Recorded Delivery.
- Your application will be processed by our Government Registered Body and will be valid with our agency for 3 years.
- The Fee is £65.60.
- We operate an on line application system which can also be accessed via our website. Please be patient because time schedules depend on the Police Authority.
- We cannot offer you any vacancies until your Disclosure Certificate has been issued.
For your DBS application, check out this link: DBS Application
GeVic Elderly Care Declaration
- All GeVic Carers must abide by the Agency’s Code of Conduct.
- The Agency is in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Your details are only divulged to your Carers and Agency staff, as required. All information held on you is safely stored in accordance with the Act.
- The Agency is an Equal Opportunities Agency and complies with current legislation including the Sex Discrimination and Race Relations Act.
- We are a Care Agency and are registered with CQC (Care Quality Commission). .